I have always had a plan, an idea, something I was moving toward. Prior to seven years ago, I had graduated college and started a career as a juvenile probation officer. I enjoyed hiking, going to the gym with friends, and was working my way to a black belt in Tae Kwon Do. I traveled and volunteered on the weekends. I enjoyed the freedom to do what I wanted, when I wanted.
Seven years ago my world changed when my wonderful baby girl was born. I decided to quit my job and become a stay-at-home mom. Two years later my son was born, and a few years later my husband and I began the quest to get out of debt (http://www.daveramsey.com/home/).
I still had plans, but some days they were as simple as, “Please Lord, let me make it to bedtime”. I still enjoyed working out, but my personal mommy best for the mile was 25 minutes (due to my entourage of two kids and two dogs following me). I still loved spending time with my friends but instead of a leisurely meal, it was a quick text between helping with homework and making dinner. My old plans had been lost to the day-to-day adventure of being a mom. So now it is time to figure out a new plan.
A few years ago I was part of an amazing mom’s group (http://www.mops.org/). One of the contributions I made to the group was a monthly newsletter. My favorite part of creating the newsletter was writing a column about inexpensive activities moms would enjoy with their kids. I called the column “Out ‘N About”. Since then I have thought more about writing. So I decided to start this blog where I can practice my writing, share some fun stuff with other moms, and continue my “Out ‘N About” column.
I never thought I would be writing, nor did I think kids would change my plans (and me) so much. I feel as if I am starting, Sunny, from scratch.
I have really enjoyed what I've read so far Sunny! I love this idea of "Sunny, from scratch" How brave of you to move forward with your passion, you're a good writer. I'm so excited for you!!! Can't wait for more!
ReplyDelete