"I'd like to be the ideal mother, but I'm too busy raising my kids." - Unknown

Monday, June 27, 2011

Kids Summer Throwback Day Three Contest Results!

I am so excited to have received three great stories for the June writing contest. Each story was wonderful! I ended up getting three entries all in the same age group so instead of one prize for each age group, I am awarding two prizes (First and Second) for the age group of K-2, and an honorable mention award as well. Kids, check the mail for your gift certificates. Thanks for entering the contest!

First Place- Priscilla 
Buster's Journey
     Once upon a time there was a horse named Buster. Buster was sad because he didn't have a rider. So Buster went on a journey to find a rider.
     Buster saw a man walking along the road caring a bag. He ask the man where he might find a rider. The man said to Buster,"Go down on this dirt road and you will see a barn." Buster went down the dirt road. As he was walking along he saw a deer,and the barn. Buster went into the barn to ask somebody. "Do you know where I can find a rider," said Buster to a lady who was feeding the animals in the barn.Surprised, the lady turned around and looked into Busters soft brown eyes."I know," the lady said. "Go over the fence and down the grassy hill, and the horses there will tell you where to go."
     Buster followed the lady's directions and came to the grassy hill. He saw horses grassing on the sweet grass,and a large red and white stable. Along a fence three horses were tied up,and children were brushing them. In the outdoor arena other children were riding horses.Buster asked the horses that were grassing on the sweet grass,"Are there any riders for me." "Sure",said an old Appaloosa mare."This is a riding stable." The old Appaloosa told Buster to walk down to the stable and ask the owners if they have a rider for him.
     Buster went down the grassy hill to the beautiful red and white stable.There in the stable were the owners tacking up horses to be ridden by waiting children. The woman saw Buster and said "What a beautiful Bay American Quarter Horse you are." Buster went up to the woman and nuzzled her cheek with his soft nose. "I have just the rider for you,"she said to Buster. She called over a little girl named Megan. Buster lowered his head and Megan kissed his nose. "You are my horse, and I am your rider,"Megan said to buster. Buster lived at the stables happily ever after.

Second Place- Zachary

Zackary of The Great Army

As the head leader in the great army in the country of Whobako Zackary was the best. I will tell you the story how the Great Zackary defeated the Ogre called Rocko. It was a normal day in Whobacko like any other day. The great Zackary sharpened his sword, children played games and markets men were selling their wares in the street. We heard a loud noise far off in the distance. Zackary being brave, strong and mighty headed off to see what the noise was. As he snuck up on the area where the noise was coming from he saw him.Big, strong, angry and ulgy. There he was the ogre Rocko. Zackary was fearless fighting off Rocko.Back and forth they fought. Fire flew from Zackary's sword and down Rocko went. Once again he saved the land and the people. Our hero the Great,Strong, and Fearless Zackary.

Honorable Mention- Noah
The Game That Took Me into a New World 

One day I was playing a secret game and it took me into a special world. I saw dragons,knights, and a big castle. The knights saw me and came over and asked if I wanted to become a knight. So I did. Then one day a big, strong wizard named Tank who had lived for five hundred years came to attack the land. As we fought him off I grabbed my lightning sword and down came huge bolts of lightning. As we fought back and forth a big bolt of lightning finally knocked down the wizard Tank. Finally there was happiness in the secret land. All the knights thanked me. I decided I would stay in this secret land I found. I would protect the people from any other wizards, ogres or trolls. 


The End

No comments:

Post a Comment