It seems like summer is cruising by and it is driving right past me. Summer activities are so abundant that some are over before I get to write about them. However, there are two activities I don't want to overlooked. So, I am writing when I should be in bed, because these two activities are too good to speed by without notice.
The first, is one of my summer favorites, the Farmers Market. Ogden's Farmers Market starts tomorrow! The Market, held on 25th Street, is every Saturday morning from 8am until 1pm, starting July 9th and ending September 25th. Although tomorrow the Farmers Market will be extended until 3pm. Each week has a theme and tomorrow's is the Wild West. This will include staged old west style robberies and shoot outs. There will also be a petting zoo for the kids, live music, and stagecoach rides for $1. Besides activities, you can purchase fresh local produce and art. Don't miss this one. Even if you go just once this summer, the Ogden Farmers Market is fun, and filling.
The second, is one my family is going to try and make it to, if my husband, who is feeling under the weather, is up to it. Tomorrow July 9th at 8pm the Utah Symphony will be performing an outdoor concert at Wolf Creek Utah's ski hill in Eden. It does cost $40 per car load. It is for music lovers of all ages, so kids are welcome. I believe you can sit on the lawn so bring blankets and snacks to munch on.
My hubby and I made a New Year's resolution to go to more concerts so this is a great way to work on that resolution. I plan to do a future post on summer concerts because there are a lot. But in case summer keeps zooming past me, make sure you check your area for summer concerts. There are a lot of free ones out there.
Whether tomorrow brings fresh produce or music, I hope you grab your family and get out 'n about.
Goodnight!
Friday, July 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment