"I'd like to be the ideal mother, but I'm too busy raising my kids." - Unknown

Monday, July 11, 2011

Petting Zoo's

Kids love animals, especially ones that are their size. This weekend my family went to the Farmers Market and there was a small petting zoo set up. The kids enjoyed petting the squealing piglet and baby goat. They had fun watching the hen. Then I realized that this mini petting zoo was actually available to the public all summer up in Eden. It is called Carver's Cove Petting Farm. They are open Wednesday to Saturday from 10 am until 5 pm. The cost is $7 and includes a horse ride for kids 12 and under. I have never been to Carver's Cove so if you go please leave a message about what you thought.


If you live a little more South in the state of Utah, Wheeler Farm is a great place for kids to explore farm animals. I have been to Wheeler Farm with my kids and we had a lot of fun. The grounds are large and have picnic tables to eat at. Admission is free, you can get tractor pulled wagon rides for $2, free for 2 and under and watch a cow milking for $0.50. The pictures on this page are from Wheeler Farms.

So go explore the farm and let your kids enjoy the animals. Grab some sunscreen, a picnic lunch, a straw hat (just don't get to close to the goats) and get out 'n about.

No comments:

Post a Comment