"I'd like to be the ideal mother, but I'm too busy raising my kids." - Unknown

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Feeling Inspired

Feeling inspired, for me, is very easy and happens quite often. I hear about a new idea and I want to try it, a new group and I want to join it, a new way to help and am eager to lend a helping hand. The problem for me is not being inspired to try something new, but to follow-through with the new idea. I always have great intentions but the everyday life of raising kids and running a household requires more time and effort then what I think and subsequently the new thing I want to do ends up being pushed aside.

With that being said, yesterday I was inspired. I saw a friend on facebook had started a new blog. It was her creative article on gifts that caused me to click on the link, but as I looked through her blog it was her article on "Newness" that caught my attention. So for your watching pleasure check out this TED video she posted (it is only about 3 minutes).

So are you feeling inspired now? The thing I like about this 30 day challenge is it is only 30 days. I think even my "lack of follow-though" self can do this.  I can pick something I can do around the kids and hubby's schedules. I could even incorporate a challenge that betters the whole family. For example, make dinner every night for 30 days. That saves on the food budget, is something I can get my kids to help with and ensures good healthy food. To add a bit of flare maybe I will challenge my daughter to set the table fancy each night, tablecloth and all, she will love that.

Since watching this video yesterday I have had several ideas, I would like to try, come to mind. So, starting in October I will begin to post what my monthly challenge is and how it goes. I will also be honest if I fail with the follow-through. What about you? What do you think you will try? Leave a comment.  Come on give this a try with me. I have a feeling we will both be glad we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment