"I'd like to be the ideal mother, but I'm too busy raising my kids." - Unknown

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Coming to Town

No Santa isn't coming to town yet but my parents and siblings are! I am very excited for my company to arrive today. My kids have been counting down the number of sleeps until grandma and grandpa get here. Since we live so far from family when we see each other we have to pack a lot of catching up into a short about of time. So Out 'n About Mommy is going to be going on a short hiatus for the next two weeks.  (I will continue with my Kids Summer Throwback!)

However, before I retreat into the world of hostess, I wanted to share a few of the activities I have planned with my family. Maybe you haven't checked them out yet this summer or never knew they existed. So if you are looking for something to do with the kids don't forget some of these summer activities.

First, remember Pioneer Day's is in full swing. There is a rodeo to attend along with fireworks. Monday, July 25th, 2011 will be the Pioneer Day Parade downtown Ogden and this year, for you brave die-hards, you can camp out overnight.

Also, don't forget about free Saturday activities by R.A.M.P. that program will be going on through next month. Each Saturday offers free admission at many fun local kids spots, such as, The Treehouse, Lorren Far Park/Pool, Dinosaur Museum, Hill AFB Museum,  Roy Complex, The Nature Center, and many more.

If you want to catch a movie, don't forget Ogden Amphitheater Free Monday Movies. Layton Amphitheater is also offering a few free movies over the next couple of weeks too. Since it is summer, if you are willing to pay a few bucks don't forget the Drive-In.

Finally, make use of all those wonderful hiking and biking trails, parks and splashpads. Or check out a sporting event go to a baseball, soccer or indoor arena football game. There are always the tried and true Utah activities such as the Hoggle Zoo, The Aquarium, or Red Butte Gardens. Whatever you do, enjoy your family and some bonding time and get out 'n about.

After my brief break, I will be posting information on the upcoming fair season, yay, fried foods!

No comments:

Post a Comment