Day 76-79: Window Paint, Mud Pies, Bath Tub, and Park
Day 76: Paint your windows. I have a large sliding glass door in my living room. So on occasion I have given my kids washable window paint and let them go to town decorating the windows. This is a fun activity for kids of all ages. Just make sure you cover your floor, put the curtains up, and give your child a smock or old shirt so they don't get covered in paint.
Day 77: Mud Pies. I know this is a messy suggestion but kids do enjoy mud. Why not make a puddle in the yard and let them get dirty. My kids have had so much fun playing in mud in the past. However, dress them in old clothes because in my experience usually the clothes are not able to be used again. If your child would enjoy this but you don't want to destroy any clothes try contained mud pies. Fill up a large roasting pan with dirt and water and let them play in that. They can do it outside or inside (just cover the play area with newspaper). You can also cover them with a smock to protect the clothes.
Day 78: Playing in the bathtub can be very fun for kids. So if it is to hot outside and you don't feel like filling up the kiddie pool again. Why not just fill up the bathtub and let the kids play in the tub. Have them put on their swimsuits and splash in the tub. The bathtub can be lots of fun in the winter too. I have filled it up with snow when it was just to cold outside. I put my kids winter gear on and they dig and play in the snow inside.
Day 79: Go to the park. I wasn't planning on putting the park on this list because I really wanted to pick things kids could do on their own (However, I am running out of ideas and have 11 more days to go). Usually going to the park at my house requires adult supervision. However, if you have older kids this is something they can do by themselves. Sometimes this gets the kids out of the house to burn energy and the supervising adult can take some time to read a book.
Tuesday, August 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sunny, you're amazing! These ideas have been so creative and fun! Thank you!
ReplyDelete