Since being inspired to take the 30 day challenge I have come up with a lot of ideas I want to try. I think my list will last me for the next four or five months. However, my husband wanted to do this challenge so we are going to do it together. That means either we will both succeed or we will convince each other to cheat, kinda like Adam and Eve.
My husband thought October would be the best month to take this challenge because we will end it on the perfect day, Halloween. I don't know if I will feel like gorging myself on candy after a month of no sugar, the point being that I do something good for myself. Why ruin all that work? But if I want some Halloween candy it will be a fun way to celebrate my success (a bit presumptuous, I know). So we end on Halloween and we started on October 1st. However, we kicked off our challenge with chocolate waffles and ice cream on September 30th;-)
I think food is a great 30 Day Challenge topic. If you want to do a food 30 Day Challenge here are a few other ideas, besides just going sugar free. Try no soda, or to eat a certain number of servings of vegetables a day, or dinner at the table every night with family. I picked up a book as I was wondering through Sam's club this weekend called, "Just the Rules" by Tosca Reno, she had a few suggestions that might make for a good challenge too. For example, try not eating anything that has ingredients you can't read or identify on the label, or try buying only foods that have 5 or less ingredients in them. All these suggestions would make for not only a great 30 Day Challenge but also for a healthier you. So let me know, what challenge you are going to try this month?
mmmmmmmm - chocolate waffles. Best invention! Hope your challenge is still going well! I like the 5 ingredient challenge. I can't say it's official, but something I've been keeping in mind over the past couple of months as I grocery shop.
ReplyDelete