Well, October is over and the month of no sugar was a success. Well, it wasn't completely no sugar. I allowed myself fruit and foods that had sugar in them. My husband did the challenge with me, and I am sure it was successful because we were doing it together. Usually if only one of us do something like this we sabotage each other. When we have tried this before we would sit at the table and discuss how good chocolate cake is. Then before you knew it we were eating chocolate cake. So for this challenge we created a the rule that we couldn't talk about what sweets we wanted. I believe that rule held the challenge together. We conveniently finished on Halloween and so we both over did it. We felt so awful that we have decided to keep going with the no sugar but allowing ourselves the occasional indulgence.
So now it is on to November. I have been stressing over what to choose for this month and the days are slipping by. This month is national write a novel month and that was what I was going to do. However, I just don't see myself having the time to fit it in plus I am already three days behind. Then I thought about making a pie each day for 30 days, it being the month of Thanksgiving and all. However, my husband didn't think that would be the best idea since we were trying to stay away from sugar. I tried to explain I would give the pies away but he stood firm.
So I have decided to challenge myself to play with my kids for a little bit every day. I know this sounds awful, don't most parents play with their kids? Well, for me it is a struggle. First, I am usually not very excited to play the games they play. Second, I am the Mom and am usually busy running the household which does not five me lots of extra time to play. So two days ago while pondering my next 30 day challenge, my son said, "Mommy why don't you play with us much?" I realized I needed to not worry so much about dinner being done on time and spend a few minutes playing with the race track. So the last two days I have started to play a bit more with my kids and will continue until the end of the month (and hopefully beyond).
What is your challenge for the month of November? How did your challenge go last month?
Thursday, November 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm a little late in reading this one Sunny! And I wasn't going to admit that to you by writing a comment :) But I HAVE to!!! I love that you shared that. Jake asked me recently why I don't play with them much any more either. Guilt! But yes, the tiredness, cleaning-ness and dinner to make... but they grow so fast! Thanks for the challenging of realizing priorities.
ReplyDeleteThankful for you Sunny, your words, inspiration, trueness, friendship. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!